Sunday, July 02, 2006

Items v3.0

I've decided to make the leap to blogging, in part because no matter what happens in terms of my professional life in the next year, I presume a number of things will be changing, and I'll be on the move. Regardless, I'll be leaving Tulane during that time, so staking out a net home in advance makes a lot of sense. Also, I do like the capability to have comments and threads. Please note, I am moderating comments, so I can stop spam or other unwanted intrusions.

I call this Items of Interest v3.0, for a few reasons. First, I like the name. There is already a personal blog called Items of Interest, but I've been using it for several years, so I like it. It might change at some point, or it might split.

Version 1 of Items was an email list. Version 2 was a webpage, and at one point a couple of pages but not really a "site."

For now, Items will not reflect the content of the previous versions. First off, my reasons for ending the previous incarnation of Items are still valid, and can be reviewed at the Items v2 page. I will be posting some items along those lines, but nowhere near the volume I once did.

On the other hand, this won't exactly be a journal-style blog. I'm too old for that, and my need for attention only goes so far. Well, it will be, to some degree. I'll use it to keep people up with what's going on (I especially want to start putting up more on my professional work). But this will not be a LiveJournal style diary with moods and inner thoughts and blah blah blah.

So, I'm not exactly sure what I am going to put here. I have some ideas, but I'm going to let it progress organically.

No comments: